cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blade upgrade help!!!!

bcav311
Level 1
Level 1

I am upgrading our blades from m2 to m5. I put two m5's in and they are not recognized and giving the error f999560.

When upgrading do you have to do it in order or can i just get the newest firmware or basic requirements for the blades and start from there?

firmware

UCSM 2.2(8f)

iom     2.2(8f)

Adapters 2.2(3b)

CIMC controller 3.1(21d)

FI 5.2(3)N2(2.28f)

Any help would be great!!

5 Replies 5

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

You will need to upgrade to 3.2 or higher for UCSM in order for discovery to complete successfully for the M5s.

Depending on the actual processors present, the version may have to be higher than that.

You will upgrade the UCSM /infrastructure first.  Also, you will need to see if there is any hardware in use that is deprecated in the 3.x UCSM releases (i.e. M81KR adapters, etc)

Kirk...

Thanks for your response. I am very new to the whole UCS thing and this being my first actual attempt at doing anything with it i'm a bit lost. Where would i find the 3.2 firmware, i see a 3.2(3I) (is that what i'm looking for). I see bunch of different versions it seems. We are using B200 m5 blades and a UCS 5108 chassie.

Also we do have the M81KR adapters, does this mean it will not work together?

Thanks again for any help

Unfortunately you have some mutually exclusive hardware/software requirements when you involve M5s, and older M2s with M81KRs.

Once you upgrade the UCSM to 3.x,, then the M81KRs will no longer work.

Do you have any M2s that have 1280 vics, non-M81KR adapters?

Kirk...

ok i will look into what we have on the m2's. We are replacing all the m2's with m5's if that makes a difference good or bad!

i upgraded the FI and uscm to 3.2(3i) and after doing that I was not able to connect to the UCSM web interface. I then restarted the FI and after doing that lost connection to everything and all the lights are showing amber on the FI. So basically i'm getting no connection from the chassie/blades to the FI. Any idea of how i can revert back to my backup state?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card