cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bound physical interface down. HBA's cannot login to the FABRIC.

selby maake
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two MDS switches, connected to two Fabric Interconnects.
FI-A to MDS-A (vsan2), FI-B to MDS-B (vsan1) I created 2 vhba templates, 1 for fabric A and another one for fabric B.
The HBA's logged in successfully on MDS_A/FI_A without any issues but didn't loggin on MDS_B/FI_B. I verified the physical connections and they're all up.
I'm getting an error "FC VIF XXX on server X/X of switch B, reason: Bound physical interface" on fabric B's servers' VIF paths. Except server 1, all the paths for it are up but the other one's are down.
I have enabled npiv feature on MDS and npv on the FI as well, uplink ports are up and are in the correct vsan(1).

I have no idea what the problem is,see the attached screenshots

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm very confused

All the CLI stuff in VSAN 2 look ok to me, eg. flogi,... of vfc... which is fabric A !

Where is the information for Fabric B ?

On the MDS and FI, you show port VSAN = 2 ?? on the UCSM it is 1 ??

Please get rid of VSAN 1 in fabric B, and replace it e.g. with 3 !!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I thought, maybe your problem is here:

UCS FI: Admin port mode is NP, trunk mode is off ! By default, UCS trunking is off !
MDS: Admin port mode is auto, trunk mode is off

could you try, to set trunking on

On MDS:

cae-sj-9506-1(config)# feature fport-channel-trunk

On UCSM:

SAN tab -> enable fc uplink trunking

Hi Wdey,

Eventually the HBA's logged on the switches after i added the servers to the storage and installed the OS. The configs were right, i didn't change anything. I don't know y it was doing that. They were supposed to work, wondering!!!!

But its working thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: