cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C-Series CIMC Firmware Upgrade

GregW9393
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of C240 M4's at remote offices and need to udpate firmware on them.  I'd like to update CIMC first, then boot the HUU iso and update the rest of the firmware.  However, I can only find the HUU download, there doesn't appear to be a way to just download the CIMC firmware package by itself any more.  I also don't seem to be able to extract individual firmware packages from the HUU iso, everything is packaged together/hidden in there.

Any suggestions?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Understood. In older releases we would provide the CIMC.bin file but do not have them in the new bundle. 

I would conduct a CIMC reboot before you start the HUU upgrade and you should be fine.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What CIMC version are you currently running and what is your target version?

Any reason you want to update CIMC by itself and not just use HUU for everything? 

Current version is really old (2.0(10b)).  I'd like to get it to the latest version.

I want to do the CIMC first because like I said, it's a remote server and I'll be using the CIMC to perform the HUU update.  So it's sort of a chicken/egg scenario.  I'd rather not have the CIMC get updated while I'm using it to run the update utility.  

Understood. In older releases we would provide the CIMC.bin file but do not have them in the new bundle. 

I would conduct a CIMC reboot before you start the HUU upgrade and you should be fine.

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like that's really the only path forward. Take care!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card