cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C-Series PCIe slot

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

I saw in C-Series that it has an onboard two 1Gigabyte built in, also an expansion slot can be added with two 10Gigabyte to it,... Aside from the fact that they are different in capacity (one is 1G, other is 10G), how they are different from each other? I mean can i just use the built in two 1Gigabyte on the C200 and use that for exsi virtualization and fiber channel connection or do i need the two 10Gigabyte expansion for exsi virtualization an fiber channel connection?

2 Replies 2

Mathew Lewit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The LOM on the C-Series is 1 Gigabyte Ethernet.  

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/interoperability/matrix/r_hcl_C200_rel1.32.pdf

It is using the Intel 82576 Gigabit Ethernet Onboard Controller

If you are doing Fiber Channel you are going to need one of the HBA supporting PCI cards outlined in the above document that is compatabile with ESXi.

I see, so the LOM on the C200 M2 is just a basic Intel 82576 which doesn't support vNIC and vHBA.

- So that means that only basic functionality is available on the Intel 82576? No VN-LINK?

- Also is the 1Gigabyte link on the LOM enough to support the C200 M2 when many VMs is installed in the ESXi host?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: