Views
Helpful
Replies

C-series standalone call home question

vkrinitsyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can't seem to find the info I need to verify if a standalone C-series server can send alerts directly to Cisco to automatically create a service ticket upon hardware failure event.

I do understand that when integrated with UCS the Smart Call Home will be in play and its just a matter of configuring the Cisco TAC profile to be able to achieve what I am looking for.  However, I am curious to understand what if I specify callhome@cisco.com in CIMC of a standalone server as a recipient would it actually send a meaningful message to Cisco to commence the automatic service ticket creation.

Maybe I am completely off here but just had a thought about this and it appears/seems plausible however there is not a single resource that I could locate to verify if this is possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Standalone C-series CIMC does not have the capability to do Smart Call Home. You would need IMC Supervisor to accomplish this:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/Cisco-IMC-Sup/mgmt-guide/2-0/b_Cisco_IMC_Supervisor_Mgmt_Guide_2_0/b_Cisco_IMC_Supervisor_Mgmt_Guide_2_0_chapter_010001.html

Thank you for confirming this for me. I was aware of the IMC Supervisor although never actually had a chance to use it in the field yet.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: