Views
Helpful
Replies

C200 M2 ESXi version

rsaeks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We presently have a C200M2 box with an Intel 55xx series CPU. Looking over the VMWare Compatibility chart I'm hoping someone can help clarify the ESXi version supported. 

When putting an a C200 M2 the Matrix shows we can run up to 6.0U2 but it only shows an Intel 56xx series CPU. When searching an Intel 55xx series it shows we can run up to 5.0U3. We currently have an upgrade option from Cisco from ESX 4.1 to 5.5. We are planning to do some upgrades soon and just would like to make sure the version we move to will be supported by the hardware.

What versions of VMWare is running on your C200 M2 deployments?

Thanks for any help!

Randy 

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Cisco  interop matrix for 1.43y firmware does show support for ESXi 6.0 U1/U2.

Kirk...

Kirk,

When looking at the firmware versions 1.4.3(v,w,x,y) shows an option for 6.0U2 but 1.5.6a as you mentioned shows 5.5. I'm looking at the "Unified Computing System (UCS) Server Firmware" part of the download page. Where is the 1.5.6a version downloaded from?

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Previously, they had stopped releasing separate 1.43 notes, and had rolled them up under 1.5xx version notes.  I am glad to see they created a separate release notes for the later 1.43 versions.

Checking the PDF version of the UCS interop for rack servers for 1.43y,  it does indeed show ESXi 6.0 U1/U2 for the C200M2, provided you run the matching firmware version, and device drivers.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Kirk...

jreed1101
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering if everything worked OK on this upgrade.  We are looking to do the exact same thing, with the exact same server. I'am just confused on what version of ESXi I am able to run based on firmware.  Cisco recommends using 1.4.3x, but the matrix above does not show we can do the upgrade.  Thanks for any help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card