Views
Helpful
Replies

C210 firmware upgrade path

Gregg Hughes
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon, all!

I need to update four UCS C210 M2 servers from 1.3.2 to 1.4.3.  This would be with the HUU.

According to the 1.4.3 readme, I can only go from 1.4.1 to 1.4.3 using the HUU.  Presumably I'd need to update to the 1.4.1 first, then go to 1.4.3.  However, I've seen a few instances where people went directly from a 1.3.X firmware to the latest 1.4.X.  I'd like to avoid doing the double-update, but if there's no other way, we'll have to go ahead with two firmware updates. 

This is further compounded by Cisco not listing the 1.4.1 directly on the HUU download page; I had to do some sleuthing to find a 1.4.1 HUU image.

So - can I simply upload the 1.4.3j image to the server and upgrade directly, or do the double- update, or is there some other alternative I haven't found?

BTW, there's no support contract for these boxes, so whatever I get here will have to be all the support I'll have.

Thanks!

Gregg

1 Reply 1

Zaira Vega
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gregg,

You are right. You can upgrade from 1.3(2) to 1.4(3). There is no need to go to 1.4(1) first.

I have seen that doc you mentioned, and I believe is out-dated.

Just map the HUU 1.4(3) image, boot from virtual CD, and select to upgrade all the components.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card