cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C220 Can't find drives in 2008 R2

gbfan55033
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 physical drives and have setup my array in the Mega Raid Bios.  WHen it boots it shows my configured virtual drive.  I then proceed to install Server 2008 R2 on it.  The problem I am having,  I've tried every storage driver included on the "Drivers" folder, and nothing is detected by 2008 r2.  I have tried this on 2 new servers with the same result.   I thought I needed to use a LSI driver, but like I said, nothing is being detected.  

I also tried to run the server config utility, and that freezes up at the initilizing stage. 

Please assist.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg,

It looks like you have the embeded Software Raid. This is the Intel Patsburg SouthBridge controller. Try loading the from the ISO, the driver in:

Windows-Storage-Intel-Patsburg-W2K8R2-x64 driver.

I wish I could tell 100% you have a using the on-board, but, the only way I know for certain is removing the lid.

In the case of the Patsburg, the mini-SAS cables are connected directly to the motherboard, not to a mezzanine or PCIe card.

Dave

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Greg,

What is the RAID controller installed on the server ?

After installing the drivers and re-mapped Windows ISO image, can you try clicking on refresh button and verify it ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/os-install-guides/windows/CSERIES-WINDOWS_chapter_011.html#t_installationonaninternaldrive

Padma

We are just using the built in one.  The config utility I used is LSI Mega raid.   It shows correctly in bios.  When I am in 2008 R2 setup, I loaded every driver listed from the Cisco driver DVD and none of them find hardware.  Perhaps a driver isn't needed for this adapter with 2008 r2?  If that were the case I would expect to see my drives.

http://s256.beta.photobucket.com/user/gbfan10/media/2013-02-11133034_zps42fd59c8.jpg.html

Greg,

It looks like you have the embeded Software Raid. This is the Intel Patsburg SouthBridge controller. Try loading the from the ISO, the driver in:

Windows-Storage-Intel-Patsburg-W2K8R2-x64 driver.

I wish I could tell 100% you have a using the on-board, but, the only way I know for certain is removing the lid.

In the case of the Patsburg, the mini-SAS cables are connected directly to the motherboard, not to a mezzanine or PCIe card.

Dave

Thank you! it worked! 

The actual path was a bit different, but I got it with the following driver.

\Windows\Storage\Intel\C600\W2K8R2\x64

Thanks for your help!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card