cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c220 m3 server stuck in bios

Dragomir
Level 1
Level 1

I keep geting stuck in a loop wen setting up the c220 m3. I updated all the drivers and rebooted the server but keeps coming back here.

any idea?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tony,

Actually the server is not stuck in BIOs, it is getting to the HUU utility cause very likely the FlexFlash has the HUU partition active.

You can do thi, go to Server> Inventory> Storage> Select the FlexFlash and clicki on "Configure Operational Profile", it will show you something like the image attached:

*SCU= Server Configuration Utility

*Drivers

*HV= Useful if you want to have a Hypervisor installed in this FlexFlash partition

*HUU= This is the screen you are getting when the server boots up.

Enable/Disable this options accordingly, disable of all them if you want to boot from the local disk.

I hope this helps

-Kenny

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Are you booting HUU from flex flash ?

What is the current boot order ?

Padma

hi

the boot order is

HUU

Drivers

HV

SCU

Tony,

Actually the server is not stuck in BIOs, it is getting to the HUU utility cause very likely the FlexFlash has the HUU partition active.

You can do thi, go to Server> Inventory> Storage> Select the FlexFlash and clicki on "Configure Operational Profile", it will show you something like the image attached:

*SCU= Server Configuration Utility

*Drivers

*HV= Useful if you want to have a Hypervisor installed in this FlexFlash partition

*HUU= This is the screen you are getting when the server boots up.

Enable/Disable this options accordingly, disable of all them if you want to boot from the local disk.

I hope this helps

-Kenny

hi

yes that seems to have fixed it. So I have uncheck all boxes with exception of HV. If I install ESXi on the flexflash partition, I can leave HV checked right?

thanks

Tony,

Yes, for ESXi you may check on this link that shows the step-by-step for doing that:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/8249a  -> Search for  "Installing VMware ESXi on Cisco FlexFlash"

Basically you mount the image in the VM tab from the KVM window, and when ESXi installation wizard asks you where you want to install it, you select the "HV" partition instead of your hard disks.

Any question let me know and I will do my best.

Hope the above info helps somehow.

-Kenny

this solution is helpful. fixed my issue too.

I have C220M3 stuck at "Virtual Drive handled by BIOS' even if all options have been disabled on Flexflash. Any workaround please? 

Resetting the CIMC and BIOS has always worked for me.

It turned out that if onboard ports are disabled from BIOS, then UCS boot goes through. 

emiliolara
Level 1
Level 1

We faced the same issue with a UCS C22, it was looping in the boot up process with a black screen and a underscore blinking. We were not able to change the boot order or anything. What we did was to enable from CIMC the LOMS UEFI only.

8 hours of downtime

Hoping this helps someone else.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card