cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C220 M3 - Single Wire UCSM Management with 1 2K

William Gurling
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All - Wondering if it is possible to do the single wire unified managment of a C220M3 along side a blade chassis if we only have 1 2232? I have everything cabled up the way this guide reccomends (with the exception of the Fabric B FEX obviously):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c-series_integration/ucsm2.1/b_UCSM2-1_C-Integration_chapter_010.html and all the bios/firmware versions are correct as well. The FI had no trouble detecting the FEX when we hook the server up it is not discovered, are two FEXs required for discovery to work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to doublecheck your topology, the CiscoVIC 1225 has a single port plugged into the 2232 and then second port should not be used. SWM does not work with the older CiscoVIC P81e.

A single 2232 attached to a HA Cluster is supported.

Hook a KVM up and select F8 during boot. Them select Default Configuration and reboot. Default Configuration should set Share, Active/Active.

I'll try and set this up in our lab. Let me know if you get any where.

Thanks,

Dave

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not recommended for obvious redundancy reasons, but should work fine with a single FEX.

Regards,

Robert

Understood, it's a lab environment so not a big deal on the high availability. I guess this question now becomes, why might the server not be being discovered? I see the port up on the fex, the vic is in slot one, all the server firmware is up to date. I even re-acked the FEX and rebooted my server to no avail.

Just to doublecheck your topology, the CiscoVIC 1225 has a single port plugged into the 2232 and then second port should not be used. SWM does not work with the older CiscoVIC P81e.

A single 2232 attached to a HA Cluster is supported.

Hook a KVM up and select F8 during boot. Them select Default Configuration and reboot. Default Configuration should set Share, Active/Active.

I'll try and set this up in our lab. Let me know if you get any where.

Thanks,

Dave

Yes sir, one VIC 1225 single twinax cable to the 2232 second port empty. I will reset defaults and see if that helps.

That worked, mustve been LOM settings, ty guys

William,

Once you are in UCSM integration, the CIMC mangement ports are no longer functional. Management IP's will pull from UCSM and control plane is via the 1225 connection.

In order to revert, decom from UCSM. Change cabling, reattach CIMC mgmt 0 attach a KVM and F* will show only two selections. Revert to CIMC and stay in integration. Select revert, let it reboot and it should be back in rack standalone mode.

Dave

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card