cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c220 m3 upgrading bios issue

Sam-SEC
Level 1
Level 1

I have C220 M3 and BIOS Version: C220M3.1.4.6a.0. I am trying to upgrade the version but every time i upload the IOS file it took too long and no result as the status is Uploading. i am not sure what is the issue.  

i download "ucs-c220-huu-3.0.4j" file which is under Unified Computing System (UCS) Server Firmware. 

then on "Cisco Integrated Management Controller" under Firmware Management, I import the file to the Install BIOS Firmware. after that in keep saying Uploading. 

i am not sure where is the issue  

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are going to probably need to do a stepped upgrade.

See https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/b_UCS_C-Series_Release_Notes_3_0_4.html#id_18494

Before update, Reboot the bmc.

Upgrade from 1.4(x) to 1.5(4)

• Use Interactive HUU, Non-Interactive HUU (NIHUU) script not supported for 1.4(x)

• Download HUU iso from Cisco.com

Upgrade from 1.5(4) to 2.0(4c)

• You can use Interactive HUU or Non-Interactive HUU (NIHHU) script to update the server.

• While updating the firmware using the Non-Interactive HUU (NIHUU) script, use the Python scripts that are released with version 3.0(3a).

• Use OpenSSL 1.0.0-fips on the client side (where the NIHUU python scripts are running).

• Download HUU iso from here.

• Download NIHUU script from here.

Upgrade from 2.0(4c) to 3.0(x)

• You can use Interactive HUU or Non-Interactive HUU (NIHHU) script to update the server.

• While updating the firmware using the Non-Interactive HUU (NIHUU) tool, use the Python scripts that are released with version 3.0(3a).

• Use OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips on the client side (where the NIHUU python scripts are running).

• If you wish to secure Cimc Boot, set flag use_cimc_secure as yes in multiserver_config file present with python script

• Download HUU iso from here.

• Download NIHUU script from here.

Thanks,

Kirk...

i am trying to upgrade to 1.5 use Interactive HUU, but i got white screen as on the attachment and by clicking the right button i got the list as on the screenshot.

i am not sure what i am missing here 

You may have to manually extract (7-zip will work) the CIMC upgrade file from the the HUUxxx.iso and then use the CIMC, admin tab, utilities, firmware management.

After HUU version 3.03 the squashfs image is encrypted, and not easy to extract the individual bios,cimc, etc

Once you get the CIMC manually upgraded, you can remount and rerun the same HUU, and let it upgrade as a whole.

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card