Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C220-M5SX and Discovery Issue

Just purchased 2 x C220-M5SX servers to add to existing fabric.

Using FW version 4.1.3(b).

Servers have VIC 1457 Quad Port 10/25G SFP28 CNA MLOM installed.

If I connect the server to the FIs using the VIC 1457, the server will attempt to discovery but sits at 1% when viewing the FSM tab.

I then receive the following alert via email:

System Name:UCSMGR01-A
Time of Event:2021-03-04 15:21:13 GMT-05:00 Event Description:Recovered : Server 2 (no profile) inaccessible Severity Level:3

Any ideas?

I have restarted the 6248 FIs, at

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you are using the correct ports on the 1457 to integrate the server into UCSM. Ports 1 and 3 are required. Port 1 should go to FI-A and port 3 should go to FI-B.

I would first decom Server 2 and un-configure the server ports on the FI. Fix your cabling. Reconfigure the ports as server. Go to the Equipment > Decomissioned Tab and then re-commission server 2.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you are using the correct ports on the 1457 to integrate the server into UCSM. Ports 1 and 3 are required. Port 1 should go to FI-A and port 3 should go to FI-B.

I would first decom Server 2 and un-configure the server ports on the FI. Fix your cabling. Reconfigure the ports as server. Go to the Equipment > Decomissioned Tab and then re-commission server 2.

Thank you. I was able to address the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card