cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C220 w/ VIC 1225 directly connected to NAS

Denny Trujillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, does anyone know if I can directly connect a VIC1225 port to a 10GB port on a NAS system? I would be using a twinax cable to do so. My only concern is that since they are like devices, I could need some sort of twinax crossover cable. Could it be that either the VIC1225 or the NAS 10GB port have auto sensing capabilities to switch the send/receive pair?

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not supported.  You'll need an intermediate 10G switch.

Robert

Robert, would it work if I use optic SFPs vurses a twinax cable? I assume the reason why a twinax doesn't work is because both the NAS (NetApp)  and the server will be using the same pair to send/receive. If I use fiber, I can cross the send/receive wire.

Thanks!

Denny,

I stand corrected.  I checked with some colleauges and you should be able to directly connect your devices back to back with no cross over.  Twinax should work in this regard in addition to optics.  No need for any special crossover cabling.

Robert

asharwan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Denny,

Please find this document, as this would be useful for troubleshooting.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps10277/ps12571/data_sheet_c78-708295.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card