cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C240 M3 email alerts on hardware failure?

iptsupport
Level 4
Level 4

Hello ,

I have server-ucs240 M3.

I want to configure smtp to alerting.

my version CIMC :1.5(4d).

The server is running VMware ESXi 5.1.

how to configure it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

The stand alone CIMC does not have an email alerting function at this point (as of ver 2.09)

In standalone mode, it currently sends SNMP and syslog alerts.

You do get that functionality if the 240M3 server is managed by the IMC supervisor, or UCSM.

Thanks,

Kirk..

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

The stand alone CIMC does not have an email alerting function at this point (as of ver 2.09)

In standalone mode, it currently sends SNMP and syslog alerts.

You do get that functionality if the 240M3 server is managed by the IMC supervisor, or UCSM.

Thanks,

Kirk..

I want to receive alert without IMC supervisor, or UCSM .  for example :" power supply  has lost input or input is out of range"

any idea?

We have seen that request from a few customers.

The enhancement request is: CSCts72629.

You are welcome to refer to that enhancement request if you have an open TAC case for your C series server, so your request gets officially associated with it.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hello and good day,

not being able to have an email alerting function is a huge drawback. Every other competitor offers it, so it is very hard to explain to the customer.

What about Cisco giving a free single server IMC Supervisor license for that matter until that enhancement is implemented ?

The bug report indicates that this is fixed in version 3.0(3a). We just upgraded to this and I don't see anywhere to set up email alerts. Any ideas or documentation around this?

I have two C240 M3's on 3.0(4d) which are not supported according to this: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/212715-configuring-and-troubleshooting-smtp-on.html

No smtp on any enterprise product is asinine.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card