cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C240 M3 intergation with UCS

bhargav1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I want to integrate Cisco C240 M3 servers with Emulex  OCe11102-FX  Dual Port 10Gb SFP+ CNA's into existing UCS environment. We have a 5108 chassis with  6248 Fabric Interconnects. The C240 servers also have NVIDIA Grid K1 cards. When I connect the C240 servers to Nexus 2k's and Nexus 2k's to FI's the C240 M3 servers are not being discovered in the UCS Manager, my question which PCIe slot in the C240 servers should I use to put in my Emulex CNA's. If I had VIC 1225 I have to put the 1225 in PCIe slot 2. Similarly for Emulex CNA's which PCIe slot in the C240 servers should I use. The documentation only talks about VIC 1225 and not Emulex. So please let me know

Thanks,

Bhargav

1 Reply 1

Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bhargav,

You should check out the session that Steve McQuerry delivered at Cisco Live (which was recorded) - BRKCOM-2010. In this session he talks about slot considerations for a GPU and how to configure a system with nVidia GPU(s) and 3rd party cards including Emulex. The information is on slide 32 where he suggests using Slot #3 for any qualified Emulex (or Broadcom, Intel or Qlogic) card. He also provides recommendations on configurations that include 1 and 2 GPU cards. The session recording and slides are available here:

C-Series UCSM Integration Best Practices (2014 San Francisco)

Jeff

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card