cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C240 M5 spare disc remove and alert

jllabarta
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, i think is a simple question but never seen before.

I remove the spare disk from a raid 5 + spare one and in CIMC console i see 3 alerts, one about phisical disk 1 is degraded, other about virtual drive 0 (raid one) is degraded and the phisical disk 16 missing alert.

If disk 16 is the spare one i think alert on disk 1 is some kind of error or is the normal alert operation?

Thanks to all

4 Replies 4

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did all the alerts occur at the same time?

You mention "I remove a spare disk from RAID 5 and spare one" So you removed 2 disks?

Disk 1 might be an actual error. Can you provide screen captures?

Sorry, i mean that i remove the spare disk (phisical disk 16), and at the same time i get the alert about phisical disk 1 is degraded.

When i insert disk 16 missing alert goes out and change for degraded, several minutes after disk 1 degraded alert is clear.

Some time later disk 16 degraded alert is cleared and with this virtual drive 0 degraded alert is cleared too.

Sorry cant do screen captures.

Could be disk 1 is the spare and i mistake about that?

Thanks

Yeah, it will be hard to tell what is going on if you are not able to provide screen captures or log outputs of your RAID/disk config.

I connect to the ucs and see that disk 1 is dedicated hot spare, so is my mistake and alert is normal behavior.

Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: