Views
Helpful
Replies

C240M4 single wire management

Sgiesbrecht
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have 2 6332 16UP fabric interconnects (FI) with 3 chassis currently configured and operational. I am trying to configure a boot polcy for my C240 M4L. I have the C240 wired and it has checked in to the FI, and I was able to build a policy for VNic, and VHBA and this seems to be fine. The major issue I am having is I did things a little backwards and now I cannot get the server to boot. What I mean about backwards is the Server has 2 internal SSD drives and 12 @ 6TB drives. I have installed windows on the internal SSD drives, and configured the 12 other drives into a raid 6 configuration. This was done before I connected the server to the FI's. I am trying to create a boot policy so I can boot to the SSD drives I have already installed windows on. I cannot seem to set a boot policy that will work. Is there a way to have the boot policy to be handed by the server itself? 

Thanks,

Scott

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to have a boot order item for 'embedded PCH' lun

that will trigger the option ROM for the embedded controllers megaraidSR.

You normally configure a controller definition in your storage profile so the PCH controller knows if it is AHCI vs software raid mode, and raid 0, raid 1, etc.

Not sure about taking an existing raid 1 (try the 'prepair claim local lun').  The controller definition does have an anyconfig option, so that should retain the existing data/raid config.

Try at least making sure you have a embedded PCH entry in the boot order.

Thanks,

Kirk...

I do not see embedded PCH as an option I get the following options under local disk:

Add Local Disk
Add Local LUN
Add Local JBOD
Add SD Card
Add Internal USB
Add External USB
Add Embedded Local LUN
Add Embedded Local Disk

Use "Embedded Local Disk/LUN"

I have added embedded-local-lun order="1" and now the server boots directly to the bios screen. I have created a PCH Controller Definition, should I remove that? Do I need to create any other local storage template changes?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card