Views
Helpful
Replies

can C220 M3 Server rebuild with different HDD firmware

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I have one C220 M3 server with 4 500 GB HDD CC03 and I have one of them shows moderate fault, then I decided to replae that HDD with another one, but the new one is CCO2 FW version, my question can rebuild success? or need to be in the same FW for all HDDs?

By the way I inserted and now is rebuilding, and hope problem will be solved!

Thanks for all

Mohammad Saeed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We run into that pretty frequently in TAC  (replacement drive ships with different firmware than what the rest of drives are already running) and it is normally not an issue.

It would best practice once VD is healthy, to schedule maintenance window to bring everything up to same version via HUU.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We run into that pretty frequently in TAC  (replacement drive ships with different firmware than what the rest of drives are already running) and it is normally not an issue.

It would best practice once VD is healthy, to schedule maintenance window to bring everything up to same version via HUU.

Kirk...

Hey Kirk,

thanks for your sharing experience !

but my Virtual Drive now is moderate fault status, do you think change HDD will solve the issue? until now is 77% in rebuild status.

The virtual drive will show the fault while the disk is rebuilding. This is expected.

Once the rebuild is complete, the Virtual and Physical drive status should both report healthy. 

Hey Wes, Yes it's done, VD is healthy with Zero fault! Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card