cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Login to CIMC

kbrinker
Level 1
Level 1

I have an UCS C200-M1 server that I cannot login to it's CIMC anymore.  I was able to at one time.  When I telnet to it it asks for login name and password.  I have tried what was good before and it didn't work.  I went into the CIMC during bootup and changed the password.  It did not work.  I used the procedure to clear the CIMC password with the J45 jumper. It did not work.  I have used ID: admin & pwd: password, didn't work. After my  3rd unsuccesfull login, the System Error LED on the front panel comes on.  I have unplugged the server for 10 minutes to clear the CIMC password, didn't work.   Is there anyway to reset the CIMC to factory default?   Should I force the server to upgrade What can I do to access this server?                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

You may try to clear the CIMC to factory default with the CMOS jumper:

Check: 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C200M1/install/install.html#wp1339821 <- Using the Clear CMOS Jumper J1E6

If this does not work, it would be a good idea to open a TAC case.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

You may try to clear the CIMC to factory default with the CMOS jumper:

Check: 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C200M1/install/install.html#wp1339821 <- Using the Clear CMOS Jumper J1E6

If this does not work, it would be a good idea to open a TAC case.

-Kenny

I have found my problem.  The IP address of my CIMC 192.168.1.9 was assigned to a server on my corp network.  When I disconnect from the corp network, 192.168.1.9 doesn't respond to ping.  With only the UCS MGT port conencted to my lab switch, 192.168.1.10 responds.  Seems that the CIMC is hard-coded to 192.168.1.10, even if in CIMC I set the network address to 192.168.1.9.

Thanx for the response Kenney. I was going to try your suggestion if I couldn't get things working.

Glad to see you got that figured out.

We are at your service.

-Kenny

There is actually a bug opened against CIMC IP addressing issues that matches your symptoms,

CSCtw47679

"Summary:

Default CIMC IP addressing on eth0 mgmt interface is not clearing after static IP configuration.  When user statically assigns the CIMC with an IP address in the subnet of 192.168.1.X, IP address 192.168.1.10 is not cleared from UCS system and user is able to ping both IP's to reach the CIMC.  This will cause layer 3 addressing confusion if another device is configured with the 192.168.1.10 address as well."

Possible work around is to set CIMC to DHCP, save, refesh, then set to a new static IP, save, refresh.

The bug shows it is corrected at CIMC 1.4(4)

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: