cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we use one blade of UCS B series separately as a standalone server as if it was a UCS C series server?

Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I want to have a jump server to be directly accessible and rest all infra including the Routers and Switches to be accessible via that jump host.

Earlier we had a UCS C series server (as the jump server) and UCS B series  for other VMs , The UCS C series server had Windows VMs which used to have access to the other Infra including UCS Manager of B series server. 

Now, we dont have that UCS C series server. Can we take one  UCS B series blade  (having half width blades) and make it directly accessible, as we would have done with a C series server ?

We want the UCS Manager to be accessible only via the jump host and not directly via network.

If yes, could you please explain how?

(Please let me know if I was not clear in explaining the scenario, will try to explain again)

3 Replies 3

kamal kumar
Level 4
Level 4

The B200 M4 blade server requires UCS Manager (UCSM) to operate as part of the UCS system.

Thank You Kamal , this is exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers .. :) 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: