Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot configure CIMC IP address on ISR 4000 router with UCS-E160S-M3

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm having an issue configuring and accessing the CIMC on a UCS-E160S-M3/K9 running inside a Cisco ISR 4351.

I have it configured like this:

ucse subslot 1/0
imc access-port shared-lom te2
imc ip address 10.199.30.5 255.255.0.0 default-gateway 10.199.30.2

The UCS is installed and it has the IP 10.199.30.151 configured on its enp4s0f0 interface (corresponding to TE2) and I can reach this IP from outside. 

But I cannot reach the IP of the CIMC (10.199.30.5) neither from outside nor from inside the UCS's installed OS.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

I managed to "fix" it. In case anyone encounters this same problem, the configuration above is fine.

I was rebooting both the server and the router and this didn't help. In the end, I removed the server from the router and then just inserted it back in. Then it started working normally.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

I managed to "fix" it. In case anyone encounters this same problem, the configuration above is fine.

I was rebooting both the server and the router and this didn't help. In the end, I removed the server from the router and then just inserted it back in. Then it started working normally.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card