Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot derive wwpn from virtualized port

riedling11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm setting up a new UCS service profile, and I'm getting the error above.  I've created WWPN pools, using the default prefix (one for FI-A, one for FI-B) and assigned them to the vHBA templates accordingly.  thoughts?

9 Replies 9

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For any VIC adaptor, where you might create multiple (>1) vhba's, it is not possible to derive this pwwn values from the embedded hardware pwwn !

You have to create pwwn pools for Fabric A and B.

see e.g. https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12259771/wwnn-and-wwpn-pools

I have:

This looks ok to me; can you please post a screenshot of the error message, and specify which operation created it ?

I assume you also have created a UUID, nwwn and MAC pool ?

UUID yes

MAC yes

Unsure of nwwn.  If you mean WWNN, it is in the screen shot above.

Ther error im getting is on the initial service profile i created.

Configuration error: cannot derive wwpn from virtualized port

When i expand the Vhba's within the service profile, its showing derived, yet on the vhba templates, i have the pool selected.

thanks for trying to help, i do appreciate it :)

Yes I mean of course WWNN; in the above screenshot, you only see WWPN !

I found it.. it appears that the setting within the service profile for the vHBA's was set to derived.  Once I set it to the pools there, it finally clered the error.  Thanks so very much for the help :)

OK, perfect !

In the service profile creation, you could of course use the vhba template above, which was correct; however, you bypassed this.

Please rate this discussion.

Thanks

Walter.

thanks that fixed my issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card