cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing WWPN pool assignment order from default to sequential

russ.givens
Level 1
Level 1

I setup a WWPN pool with the assignment order of default.  I would like to change it to sequential, but was wondering what sort of impact that would have to the environment that is already using that mac pool.  There are several machines already using some of the WWPN's and those I'll have to live with not using sequential until I can recong them.  It's not a change in UCS that would require me to reboot machines is it?          

3 Replies 3

jilundain
Level 1
Level 1

Russ,

Did you ever proceed with the change from default to sequential?

I'm looking to do the same thing, and I would like to know if it affects Service Profiles that already have their WWPN assigned to them.  I'm not so concearned with having to reboot them, but rather if the existing Service Profies will get assigned a new WWPN when they are rebooted (vs only affecting newly generated ones).

Thank you,

jaime i.

It's non disruptive; the SP which already have taken values out of the pool, keep this values; sequential only applies to the new assignments.

That's exactly what I was hoping for.

Thank you Walter for taking the time to cofirm this!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: