What can be wrong ?

Thanks in advance,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

itm.i11.team
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I think the connection FEX <-> Chassis is not supported as the IO-Module in the chassis is already a FEX and therefore a connection FEX <-> FEX should not work. We are only using Rack Servers with our 2232PP FEX.

Your cabling sounds good, maybe you need to adjust your Chassis/FEX Discovery Policy (Equipment -> Policies -> Global Policies).

Do you have any other chassis connected directly to your FIs that are discovered correctly?

Regards

Martin

View solution in original post

That is correct.

You can't double stack a iom(fex) on another fex.

You need to connect your IOM fabric connections to the FIs, which ports will be configured as 'server' ports.

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

itm.i11.team
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I think the connection FEX <-> Chassis is not supported as the IO-Module in the chassis is already a FEX and therefore a connection FEX <-> FEX should not work. We are only using Rack Servers with our 2232PP FEX.

Your cabling sounds good, maybe you need to adjust your Chassis/FEX Discovery Policy (Equipment -> Policies -> Global Policies).

Do you have any other chassis connected directly to your FIs that are discovered correctly?

Regards

Martin

That is correct.

You can't double stack a iom(fex) on another fex.

You need to connect your IOM fabric connections to the FIs, which ports will be configured as 'server' ports.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies 

Yes, there are chassis that connecte directy to the FI and they are discovered &  working .

I tried to connect a chassis via FEX, because the chassis is very very far from the FI's rack

so you are saying there is no solution for my case ? [a chassis that located far from the FI ]

Maybe a UCS Mini is a solution: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/servers-unified-computing/ucs-mini/index.html

That would be an independent chassis with two Fabric Interconnect IO Modules. But that means you have to configure an maintain another UCS Domain.

thanks !

I'll keep it as is, and connect a more closer chassis

thanks guys for the answers 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card