cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC and KVM Issues

justin.allen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I don't know where else to go. I have two C220 M3 servers. I have tried to lauch the KVM with multiple computers. At first it started with Java Issues. So I turned off all security features in Java and IE. So I can now download the KVM application when I try to run it I get "The viewer has terminated Reason: The network connection has been dropped." I tried rebooting the CIMC but nothing works. I have turned off all antivirus/firewalls on both PCs. I am beating my head into the table trying to figure this out. I don't know here to go to next.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Justin

12 Replies 12

Hi,

did you try an old version of Java ... for example 6u38?

Check the following link: Java SE 6 Downloads.

Hope this helps.

Great thanks for the help but that did not appear to work. So I uninstalled all Java, installed 6u38 then tried to open it up again. It then states I need 1.6.14 or higher so I downloaded 6u14 same result I hit OK on that warning. It then downloads the viewer.jnlp file I click to open that and nothing happens at all. Its like I never hit the open button on the viewer file?

Let me describe my system better. 

I am using IE 11 with my  security settings set on low and the IP address of the CIMC under my trusted sites. I also have the IP address of the CIMC in my Compatible View list of IE just to make sure. I have turned off all antivirus, IPS, and Firewalls off on my PC. 

Bios/Firmware Version of CIMC is 2.0.1b 

I downloaded the Java developer kit that Marcelo mentioned. 

Any other thoughts. I cant appear to use Firefox because I cant get past the following Cert Error regardless of what i I tell the security settings to ingnore. So using another web browser wont work. 

Thanks for the help

Justin

Ok I got it figured out. I had to use Chrome and when it asks me to open the viewer file I had to open with other and go to the java folder then go to Bin then select javaws.exe that Marcelo had me download and that fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Hi,

excellent news!!!

Regards

Could you please provide me this file?

I really appreciatte it.

Could you please provide me this file?

I really appreciatte it.

after getting java 6 update 14 installed... opening file with javaws.exe (java web start) worked for me. THANKS!!!

I did the same but it loads the java and then it says unable to launch the application, please let me know if you can help 

Great thanks for the help but that did not appear to work. So I uninstalled all Java, installed 6u38 then tried to open it up again. It then states I need 1.6.14 or higher so I downloaded 6u14 same result I hit OK on that warning. It then downloads the viewer.jnlp file I click to open that and nothing happens at all. Its like I never hit the open button on the viewer file?

Let me describe my system better. 

I am using IE 11 with my  security settings set on low and the IP address of the CIMC under my trusted sites. I also have the IP address of the CIMC in my Compatible View list of IE just to make sure. I have turned off all antivirus, IPS, and Firewalls off on my PC. 

Bios/Firmware Version of CIMC is 2.0.1b 

I downloaded the Java developer kit that Marcelo mentioned. 

Any other thoughts. I cant appear to use Firefox because I cant get past the following Cert Error regardless of what i I tell the security settings to ingnore. So using another web browser wont work. 

Thanks for the help

Justin

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depending on the CIMC/HUU version of the server, you may want to make sure you don't have Java 8 installed.  We frequently get tickets from customers that have installed lower versions of java along side java 8, and will see issues until java 8 is removed.

Java 6 is generally the most compatible, but is usually on everyone's security vulnerability list.

Also, please try clearing your browser's cache, and the java file cache, if you have confirmed you are running java 6 or 7.

It might also be helpful to attempt a KVM session from a different workstation or VM based desktop.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Tks, this show me the way. I have Firmware version 3.0(1c) and works with Java 1.8.0_77 plus 1.6.0_29.

Just 1.8.0_77 or 1.6.0_29. alone it does not work.

Greetings.

Once you get your CIMC HUU at the 3.x range, you do need to have java 1.8x

If you have a C series server and it is still running 1.4x, 1.5x, you will generally need to have only java 1.7x present (attempting to leave java 1.8 installed and 'disabled' does not work)

Checking the 'requirements' section of your CIMC release version notes will list the JRE version that it is tested and works with.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card