Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC @ Configuration is changed, discard unsaved changes

Cengiz Savas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we run in our setup C220M with ISE. Its actually SNS-3595.

Firmware: 3.0(3S2)

I am getting following error message when we try to configure LDAP through GUI:

I configure LDAP, save changes and change window: "Configuration is changed, discard unsaved changes"

I have tried the same with different browsers: chrome, Firefox, IE all with same result.

We have 18 of the same UCS and seen this issue only one UCS.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cengiz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

For a regular C220M3/M4/M5, I would normally grab a tech support (which has an xml file of all the various BIOS settings, etc, and then do a Crash Cart console based F8 reset to factory defaults, then Hard power cycle (power cord pull for 30 seconds), then reapply the IP address info back to the CIMC via the F8 Interface.  Then check to see if it will save the LDAP settings.

Additionally maybe bump the CIMC/BIOS firmware up via HUU ISO utility, if the reset doesn't work.

With all that being said, the ISE appliance software may/may not be tested with later firmware versions, and you should probably run this by the ISE/security TAC group.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

For a regular C220M3/M4/M5, I would normally grab a tech support (which has an xml file of all the various BIOS settings, etc, and then do a Crash Cart console based F8 reset to factory defaults, then Hard power cycle (power cord pull for 30 seconds), then reapply the IP address info back to the CIMC via the F8 Interface.  Then check to see if it will save the LDAP settings.

Additionally maybe bump the CIMC/BIOS firmware up via HUU ISO utility, if the reset doesn't work.

With all that being said, the ISE appliance software may/may not be tested with later firmware versions, and you should probably run this by the ISE/security TAC group.

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: