cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC NIC Teaming

John Clark
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is a stupid question. But I'm relativly new to the UCS servers. I have a C210 and set the CIMC NIC to active/active. I put the same NICs in a team in VMWare as well. the load-balancing hash is set to src-mac on both the switch and VMWare. When both NICs are plugged in, I can get to ESXi but not CIMC. I'm running CIMC 1.3(2d) and ESXi 4.1 build 260247. I've gotten it to work on C200s with ESXi 4.0. Is this not a supported configuration with the C210s or something to do with the ESXi version.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John,

I assume you've set the CIMC mode to "Shared LOM" correct?  This will transport the CIMC communication via the LAN on Motherboard ports "shared" versus the "Dedicated Mode" which utilizes the out of band Management interfaces.

Once you've ensured that is correctly set, have you assigned a VLAN to the CIMC interface or is the CIMC IP within the same IP subnet?

[I see you have a TAC case open for this also.  I'll let you go through the process with TAC and then I'll update the thread closing the loop.]

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card