Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC Password doesn't match

abeebvm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a new BE6H-M4-K9 and started to booting. When I hit F8 to do the ip address for cimc I am getting a blue screen which is asking for

enter current cimc password, enter new cimc password , re-enter new cimc password. When I entered current cimc password as ''password''

and entered new password as well. But i am getting a message "current cimc password does not match". Please find the attached screenshots.

Usually for cimc default password is password. When we hit F8, then normally it goes to cimc configuration utility. Here it is going to a blue screen which is attached instead of configuration utility. Ip address for cimc is showing as 0.0.0.0

Once server is booted, we can see that Esxi is loaded and applications are installed such as CUCM,CUXN etc. We can see a default ip for Esxi as well.

Please help me to solving this password problem.

Regards

Aby

22 Replies 22

Its default password is “password” (all letters small case) and then set new password to proceed further

I have a Cisco ISE server (3595).  "password" worked for me.

Dear Vijay Kamat,

Thanks brother, its worked for me 2021 after do factory reset done for my server.

Br,

Jadeesh

Hi guys, 

i had this issue some minutes ago. i´m configuring a Cisco ISE right now and before enter in setup mode, i entered in CIMC utility but I had the same "pop up to put new password". 

In my case, i just change the keyboard !!!
I was using a terminal (monitor + keyboard ) and just chagen to a normal keyboard. 
The password was "password"  << default. 
The first keyboard do not put right the password, i dont known why. 

I tried with UCS C220 M4 "password" worked for me.

Rgrds.

ingemarco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello hope you are fine

somebody knows which is the correct solution?

Thanks

Devender
Level 1
Level 1

Today I found the resolution to this problem. The problem is that the "NumLock" becomes automatically enabled. Therefore the keyboards types "*assw/rd" instead of "password" and "C5sc61234" instead of "Cisco1234". All we have to do is to take off NumLk - and it is straight forward after that. 

jc_adrian30
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do the following:

1.After powering UCS server please enter to the BIOS and press F8 in order to load CIMC options.

2. Within CIMC options please press F1 in order to load Additional settings(please see attached image)

3.then you will find the option to change dedault admin password or to reset all option of CIMC.

I hope this is useful, please share

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card