Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Custom ESXi 5.5 Update 3b

tdeanesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

Is there a new Custom ESXI 5.5-U-3b being released by VMware for security vulnerabilties being reported.

Please share us the link or steps for downloading / upgrading to the latest version

T.Deanesh

16 Replies 16

tdeanesh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

Version being looked for downloading is Cisco Custom for the patch below

VMware ESXi 5.5, Patch ESXi-5.5.0-20160204001-standard (2144001)

With Best Regards,

T.Deanesh

Cisco generally only releases an OEM/customized image per Update release (i.e. GA, U1, U2, U3).

See https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12923306/cisco-custom-iso-vmware-esxi-after-cve-2015-7547

Thanks John for the reply let me check the URL and revert back in case of any further information required

Hello deanesh, I am facing the similar dilemma while planning the patch upgrade of my UCS mini. Can you let me know how you went through with this upgrade planning please.

Regards,

Vineet

Hi Vineet,

We have applied the patch provided by VMWare on the existing Custom ESXi 5.5 and the patch got reflected and it is working.

If you want to know more details in depth please contact suparn bector who has applied the patch in our team.

With Best Regards,

T.Deanesh

Hello deanesh,

So did you need to update the fnic /nic drivers after the patching process ?

and could you please redirect me to suparn bector as i cannot find him .

Thankyou,

Vineet 

Hi Vineet,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Mail ID of Suparn : sbector@cisco.com

Please get in touch with him for further details.

please give me your mail id so that i can drop a mail to supra ccing you.

Hello deanesh,

So are you using the default vmware patches ?  as the cisco customised ones gets released only after 1-2 months delay

My email id is vineet761@gmail.com

Thankyou.

Hi Vineet,

We are using the default VMware patches as of now as there is no Cisco custom release.

With Best Regards,

T.Deanesh

okay Deanesh,

Thank you for your help.

Would it be ok to take the latest cisco image "Vmware-ESXi-5.5.0-3248547-Custom-Cisco-5.5.3.2-Bundle.zip – Release date 2016-02-05 – Build number 3248547" and only update the esx-base .vib from ESXi 5.5 express patch 10 (ESXi550-201602001.zip)

I am using .pxe boot autodeploy, so I would only update the one (esx-base.vib) in my EsxImageProfile. Then I would have the latest version of 5.5 U3b that is patched along with the cisco drivers from the older bundle release.

Want to make sure this would be a certifiable and supportable "image" I don't know if there is any interoperability testing of .vib's that are released as a "packaged image"

Thanks

Hi,

Our host is at 5.5 U3b and I need to put the express patch #10 after a vulnerability scanning.  Can I update the host with have to build a custom ISO and do I will still supported by cisco ?

Hello,

You can upgrade the ESXi host without using the Cisco custom image. You can use the patch from VMware's website.

HTH,

Wes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: