cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Custom ESXi 6.5 ISO

jygoman95
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone knows when Cisco will update their custom iso image of ESXi 6.5? Vsphere 6.5 GA was released today.

13 Replies 13

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would expect to see it around 4-5 weeks.

Just a rough estimate, but that's what I think previous releases have run.

Some of the time involves VMware approving/QAing it themselves.

Thanks,

Kirk..

KRIS PATE
Level 4
Level 4

It was released on Dec 9 and is available on the vmware site.

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=OEM-ESXI65-CISCO&productId=615

Yeah I saw it on their website. 

peeat
Level 1
Level 1

Have updated our UCS C240-M3S to ESXi 6.5.0d using the custom Cisco image from myVMware, how do we go about getting the following two updates applied to our system(s):  ESXi 6.5 U1 Express Patch 4 (2017-10-05) 6765664 & ESXi 6.5 U1 (2017-07-27) 5969303

Thanks you kindly!

#1 mage.

Not sure you’ll be able to download for a couple more weeks.

Thanks, mister Rick! Wonderful resource (as well a some other great articles on TinkerTry). We actually went through that the other evening, but no luck with the custom Cisco image downloaded directly from VMware's site that we're using: Vmware-ESXi-6.5d.0-5310538-Custom-Cisco-6.5.0.3 (CISCO)
Will continue to try and be patient for an official patch/release from the vendor.
#1 mage.

Lauram2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you please help me to upgrade VMware 6.5.

We have similar UCS hardware: UCS C240 M3S with VMware 5.1

Anwar Ahmed

Anwar, I'm sorry that's a big jump from 5.1 to 6.5 -- i think you're going to have to do a fresh install. Do you have a stand-alone host? I would backup your VMs and install 6.5 (or 6.7) with a fresh start. Someone else who is a LOT more knowledgeable than myself may be able to assist. My apologies, i know nothing.

If you can upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5 you *MAY* be able to use vCenter to perform the rest of the upgrade, but I don't think you can make an easy transition from where you are at using the one-liner upgrade that I was able to perform. Best of luck, please let us know how you make out!

EDIT:  I found this link, it may be of some use to you --> http://www.provirtualzone.com/vmware-how-to-upgrade-to-esxi-6-x-using-vmware-update-manager/

Or perhaps this (i believe it's for 5.5, but should be similar process):  https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/18819/HOW-TO-Upgrade-VMware-ESXi-5-5-to-ESXi-6-0-in-5-easy-steps.html

#1 mage.

Hello There.

I am looking for 6.5U1 build 5969303 for Cisco UCS E180D-M3.

VmWare does not have it on their website and i cannot find any UCS esxi images on cisco's website except for HyperFlex images which i do not have access to download.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Thanks you kindly, @Kirk J -- once I'm able to finally upgrade the BIOS and CIMC firmware to latest version 3.0(4j) I'll be giving this a go. Downloading it now so I'll have a flash drive created as bootable media.
#1 mage.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card