cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Custom ISO for ESXi 6.7 U3 Install CD

ITNSV
Level 1
Level 1

When will the Cisco Custom ISO for ESXi 6.7 U3 Install CD be ready?  I've looked on VMware's site and it's not available.  Vmware told me to ask Cisco and Cisco told me to ask VMware.  I'm going in circles.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The link has arrived on the MyVMWare downloads page for Cisco Custom ESXi 6.7 U3, but it takes you to a broken page.

This link is now working!

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=OEM-ESXI67U3-CISCO&productId=734

ciscou3.PNG

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

neilmart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

I will send out an inquiry, internally. If you do not hear from me, I never got a response.

Best Regards,

Neil Martin .ılı.ılı.
Technical Consultant Engineer
Unified Computing Systems and Server Virtualization

SUSE Certified Administrator
In Enterprise Linux 12

Vmware Certified Professional
Data Center Virtualization 2019

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Historically, this is around 30-60 days after VMware releases it initially.

There is a certain amount of testing with Cisco added drivers that has to occur at Cisco, after which it is submitted to VMware.

I'm sure VMware does a certain amount of testing after this, prior to actually posting.

I think the GA release hit around Aug 20, so I would expect to see it posted maybe end of September/Early October.

While the Custom Images tend to have the latest drivers, you will always want to check the UCS HCL tool to make sure you have matching drivers for your firmware level you are on.

Kirk...

The link has arrived on the MyVMWare downloads page for Cisco Custom ESXi 6.7 U3, but it takes you to a broken page.

This link is now working!

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=OEM-ESXI67U3-CISCO&productId=734

ciscou3.PNG

There is a problem with the VMware site.

I've hit some temporary maintenance messages when trying to download from their site today.

Kirk...

I was finally able to get it from the vmWare site under the vHorizon section. Already pushed to 3 hosts and it seems solid.

Just a quick note to remind everyone that in 6.7U3 you might get a lot of "Sensor -1" alarms which flood the system.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/74607

And this is why I found this forum, and this is why I have to now apply another bleeping patch to correct an annoying problem... How does stuff like this make it through their testing when it's SO CONSISTENTLY BROKEN? Every single UCS customer we have that I've updated to 6.7U3 has this problem. Anyway, job security I guess...

Any idea if a patch beyond 6.7 U3 has been released to address that alarm issue?

Also, any idea how to find the Cisco custom releases via hostupdate URL so we don't have to go through the @$$ pain of download, upload, install?

Thanks in advance ;-)

Yes, they  have addressed the alarm in recent patches ESXi 6.7 Patch Release ESXi670-201911001 which will then allow you to resume the WBEM services. This is also posted on the article https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/74607  about the issue.

About the ability to get vendor custom ESXi via the hostupdate URL, I have not looked into it. A quick Google found nothing and as these ISOs are somewhat hard to find anyway, I don't imagine there is a hostupdate URL that is going to auto update. Hey, I'd settle for auto-notify when/if one is available.

I've downloaded the ISO, installing with CIMC and I get Secure Boot Violation Invalid Signature Detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup.....HELP!!!

What kind of server are you booting with?  Is this some sort of appliance (i.e. ISE or security appliance)?

Kirk...

UCS C220 M5 standalone rack server

I think is an ISE
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card