Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IMC refusing connections on C220M4

Hello everybody,

I'm working on UCS C-series for years through IP Telephony implementation (BE6M and UC on UCS etc.)

I'm facing a kind of issue with the UCS C220M4.

Our client has a BE6M deployment (the server is C220M4), when we power on the server, give the CIMC an IP address through DHCP, and then try to enter the web GUI of CIMC, the web page shows : " [Error 0x18008080 Cisco IMC refusing connections".

SSH on CIMC will give the same error "Cisco IMC refusing connections".

I have to say that the server have more strange defects.

All the status LEDs on the front panel of the server are extinct, they are not light green nor amber.
for example, the power on/off LED is extinct, whereas the server is actually running.
When VMware ESXi is up we verified the status of the server.
In the Configuration > Health Status tab, we find that the server is “Intel TO be determined” whereas in a working BE6M, the server is correctly detected as “UCS C220”.
In the same interface, the fans are showing speed of 20000 RPM whereas for another working BE6M it shows  ~ 8500 RPM.

Also the server intermittently boot on EFI Shell and to VMware ESXi (fails to boot).

The most strange thing is that we RMAed this faulty server, and the replacement server actually presents the same symptoms :(

And we are unable to troubleshoot the issue since CIMC is inaccessible.

We are RMAing - again - the server, but the Cisco RMA guy is saying that our problem may not be solved through RMA but we are proceeding with the RMA anyway because we have worked on C220M4 servers and this problem is not present on them..

With the RMA guy answer, it seems that this problem is only happening to me. (typing "Cisco IMC refusing connections" gives *nothing* on Google).

I would like to know if one you guys has seen this problem before ?

How did you solve the "Cisco IMC refusing connections" issue ? RMA ?

16 Replies 16

Don't understand

How do I solve this problem now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card