Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IMC Supervisor 2.2.0.3 User's password is scheduled to expire

Hi All,

we are getting everyday the following Email Notification from our IMC Supervisor Engine. Everything is running fine so far, the admin Account is still working. We also change the Password, but we are still getting this Email every Day...

User's password is scheduled to expire.

The following user's password would be expiring soon. If you wish to change the password, you may do so by logging in to the application and reset the current password

Login Name

Expiry Day

admin

Jul 04, 2018 12:28:25 CEST

Does anyone have the same issue?

Best regards,

Alex

7 Replies 7

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

I have not seen any reported cases with that issue as of yet.

I would try updating the password policy (i.e. expiration from 180 to 181 days) to see if this clears it up.

You can also view some logs live (administration, support information, authenticator|mail delivery) in addition to turning up debug logging level for 30 min.

Assuming the new password meets the minimum complexity requirements, this looks like a bug of some kind.

I would open a TAC case.

Kirk...

Hi Kirk

our expiration password policy is set to 0, so the password should not expire?!

Alex

Larry Hedrick
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a fix...?

Nope, we still have to reset the admin password every time we want to access the Supervisor.

We had the same issue.  I opened a support ticket and tried multiple things over a course of weeks.  It became obvious that the setting of 0 days for the password expiry does not work as expected.  Our "fix" was to set the password expiration really long (365 days).

The value of '0', for password expiration days, actually means expire immediately.

It appears it is by design that there is no option of keeping a password from expiring for local users.

LDAP integration would be about the only way to get around that, assuming your ldap directory let you set a non-expiry password.

Kirk...

I opened a case as well and found the same. I set it to expire at 365 and then change the password to the same password.

SR 685882119 : Cisco IMC Supervisor keeps reporting password expiring

Case history shows that zero will not change the policy to ‘not expire’.  If you want the maximum then change it to 365.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card