Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO UCS 220 -Connect remotely

jgarcia2015
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question. We are working on 3 Host - CISCO UCS C220 and we need to connect to them remotely by console but something wrong with Switch or Configuration on these servers. I plugged the cable on the Remote Nic Card socket and it works without issue but network administrator created the VLAN and we could not reach them . Do you know what is the port or extra configuration to connect to them remotely?.

Thanks and Regards,

Jose G.

6 Replies 6

Luis Jimenez
Level 1
Level 1

UCS C 220 Have a interface that works like administration console its name is CIMC, do you need 3 ip address:

-one for CIMC

-one for OS (vmware Esx, kvm, etc)

-one for APP

Like I say CIMC is the administration interface an yo need one ip addres when the server boots you can see in the screen that F8 button is for CIMC in this part you can configure IP ADD, MASK an vlan ID, I think that you need put the vlan ID in this part (the vlan ID that the administrator created)

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your prompt response. I checked our configuration and this is the same as you mentioned. I could reach the CIMC from Internet Explorer in the first time but the network administrator created the VLAN on the switch so I lost the connectivity.  

How can you help to me?.

Thanks!

Can you ask to the network adminitrator about vlan id? and try to configure the vlan id on CIMC

Hi Luis,

Thanks again. I got the ID VLAN. How should I configure this VLAN to permit the IPAddress CIMC on our switch?.

Thanks!

first you need to configure the switch port, for example if you only have one network segment for everything (cimc, os and VM) you can put the port like:

switchport mode acces

switchport access vlan x

or if you have ip address of differents segments for each thing (cimc, os and VM) you need to configure

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan x

On the CIMC UCS C 220  you need to configure the vlan id please see the image

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reposting discussion to Data Center > Unified Computing community

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card