cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS B200 M4 - System Board Replacement - power state Error -20

rogerfreitas
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to replace a System board on a UCS B200 M4 but we're getting the following error message:

Unable to change server power state. MC Error -20 & revocation error 1002.

Any idea what should I do next? Maybe it's a DOA System Board?

TIA.
7 Replies 7

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the output of commands:

UCS-A# connect cimc 1/1
[ help ]# power

Have seen a few times where some hardware (CPU/VIC/DIMM) being moved from the old server to the new server is killing the new motherboard.

When this happens, then a "full replacement" is needed and send the fully-assembled failed server to Engineering for EFA.

Could also be a faulty replacement. Comparing replacement SN history with current issue might uncover a pattern.

Really should be working with Cisco TAC to investigate thoroughly.

Hi,

We have ordered a new System Board and we should be replacing it again today. I will provide further status once it's done.

TIA

rogerfreitas
Level 1
Level 1

We have replaced the System Board again but doesn't post, it's stuck in 52%.

Any idea what should I do next?

TIA.

Cisco Post.jpg

rogerfreitas
Level 1
Level 1

We tried clearing CMOS but still getting the same.

Server is still getting stuck at 52 percent discovery with Fault code F0313:Compute Physical Bios Post Timeout 

You might need to activate the board controller firmware.  Sometimes after systemboard replacement, the board controller firmware isn't set, and you can get hung up in post.

There are other possibilities, but I would try the board controller firmware activation 1st.

Kirk...

Where do I activate the board controller firmware? Thanks

hi

As far as I know is

Server tab -> Policies -> Host Firmware Packages -> add -> without the board controller check

service profile(name) -> polices -> firmware polices -> save and userack polices check

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card