Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ucs B250

Victorarok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We need help .We have UCS setup it has about 4 chassis and 19 blade.I need to get CPU ,memory utilization of each blade.How can we get it.

Also I need to get network bandwidth of each blade  .

Please help me.

Thanks,

Victor

2 Replies 2

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Victor,

UCSM cannot provide information about CPU and memory utilization of a blade. However, I am not sure whether SNMP MIBs supported by UCSM can provide utilization counters. OS running on these blades can provide such information.

Regarding network bandwidth, you can monitor the utilization of end points at different places

The VIC ( NIc ) stats are available under service profile.

Server and Uplink  port stats are under Equipment > FI

Mezz ports on the backplane are found under Equipment > Chassis > IOM > Backplane

For continuous monitoring, you would need use other monitoring solutions like MRTG, Solarwinds etc.

If you have configured threshold policies, UCSM can generate alerts if the utilization exceeds configured threshold value.

Padma

Hi Padma,

I know this is a stale thread but wanted to confirm if the MIBs now support the ability to gather utilization data natively from the B series blades or C series rack mount servers? Or is it still they case that we need to derive this data from the hypervisor?

Thank you!

Amir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card