Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO UCS C210 M2 - RAID question for beginners

martin.verkaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I believe my question is very trival for most of you. My new C210 M2 16-bay server is arriving soon but there are some points anclear for me in the data sheet.

I am trying to utilize the maximum supported drive capacity on that machine using RAID 2.5" SATA drives. The information given in the datasheet says something about some additional devices (mezzanine card). Another point is how many SATA disks is supported without any extra devices, cards.

Can you please tell me the maximum (final) supported capacity I can get when using i.e 1GB drivers (is using of 16 SATA drives supported)

• RAID 0
  • RAID 1
  • RAID 5

I appreciate your help and understanding.

== Cisco newbie ==

2 Replies 2

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Martin,

The following URL from the service guide should answer most of your questions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C210M1/install/RAID.html

The ICH10R is the default on-board contoller with support for max of 4 SATA disk.

./Abhinav

Thanks Abhinav for your reply.

So if I use additional LSI MegaRAID SAS 9261-8i card (as in the manual) will it handle with 4 SATAII 2.5" drives or 8 per one PCIe card?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card