Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
jemetcal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the Cisco UCS server, default BIOS token files are available for every server platform, and you can configure the value of these tokens using the Graphic User Interface (GUI), CLI interface or XML API interface. These BIOS tokens can be used optimize servers for virtualization, performance, power efficiency, and so on. BIOS profiles and polices allow users to rapidly deploy consistent BIOS configurations across large domains.

This guide reviews those BIOS tokens impacting power efficiency, demonstrates how to implement a BIOS profile in standalone mode or a BIOS policy when integrated with UCS Manager. The attached presentation provides instructions for implementing these capability using the Cisco UCS GUI, CLI or XML API.

The attached ZIP file includes BIOS schema for BIOS profile creation (M5 standalone servers).

Comments
MitchB
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen references in Cisco documentation for a preconfigured "virtualization" BIOS profile for M5 servers, but I cannot find it.  Does anyone know where these preconfigured BIOS settings/tokens/profiles are?

From Cisco UCS C-Series Servers Integrated Management Controller CLI Configuration Guide, Release 4.0 (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/cli/config/guide/4_0/b_Cisco_UCS_C-Series_CLI_Configuration_Guide_40/b_Cisco_UCS_C-Series_CLI_Configuration_Guide_40_chapter_011.html?bookSearch=true#concept_68CCB1BE65434C95BDFF1BF6588...):

Configuring a BIOS profile helps you to utilize pre-configured token files with the right combination of the token values. Some of the pre-configured profiles that are available are virtualization, high-performance, low power, and so on. You can download the various options of these pre-configured token files from the Cisco website and apply it on the servers through the BMC.

MitchB
Level 1
Level 1

It appears my previous post disappeared, so I'll post this again.  Where do I find these preconfigured BIOS tokens that are mentioned in the documentation?

From Cisco UCS C-Series Servers Integrated Management Controller CLI Configuration Guide, Release 4.0 (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/cli/config/guide/4_0/b_Cisco_UCS_C-Series_CLI_Configuration_Guide_40/b_Cisco_UCS_C-Series_CLI_Configuration_Guide_40_chapter_011.html):

"Configuring a BIOS profile helps you to utilize pre-configured token files with the right combination of the token values. Some of the pre-configured profiles that are available are virtualization, high-performance, low power, and so on. You can download the various options of these pre-configured token files from the Cisco website and apply it on the servers through the BMC."

MitchB
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to mention - I'm looking for the virtualization BIOS profile/token.  Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: