cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects Model 6140

jbannerman
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know where I can find information related to 6140 Fabric Interconnects and maximum firmware versions? I have several old UCS Domains that are running on 6140s with 2104 IOMs, all 1st generation hardware. I am trying to find some documentation or information related to what the maximum firmware versions that i can upgrade to on these devices. Thanks for any help provided.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joemar
Level 4
Level 4

Bruce, the 6100 series fabric interconnect will support ALL currently available firmware versions in the v2 train.  Version 3 today is only for the UCS Mini with it's integrated FI's.  Please note though that the 2.2 train will be the LAST firmware supported by the 6100s.  As such the 2.2 train of firmware will be a long lived release.  I do not have specifics as to 'how long' it will live but it's suppose to be a while.  Version 2.2(3a) is currently the latest version posted and since it's part of the 2.2 train you could go to it.  Since it's VERY new...I wouldn't in production for 6 weeks and then bug scrub it.  Currently I'm recommending to my customers that they go to the latest version of 2.2(2) since it's been around and several patches have been released.  I would also be aware that I'd expect a patch to release sometime soon once this ugly BASH vulnerability that has hit the industry is fixed and rolled in.  So if you do an upgrade now I'd expect you'll need to do another pretty soon for that.  I hope this helps you out!

Joe

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

joemar
Level 4
Level 4

Bruce, the 6100 series fabric interconnect will support ALL currently available firmware versions in the v2 train.  Version 3 today is only for the UCS Mini with it's integrated FI's.  Please note though that the 2.2 train will be the LAST firmware supported by the 6100s.  As such the 2.2 train of firmware will be a long lived release.  I do not have specifics as to 'how long' it will live but it's suppose to be a while.  Version 2.2(3a) is currently the latest version posted and since it's part of the 2.2 train you could go to it.  Since it's VERY new...I wouldn't in production for 6 weeks and then bug scrub it.  Currently I'm recommending to my customers that they go to the latest version of 2.2(2) since it's been around and several patches have been released.  I would also be aware that I'd expect a patch to release sometime soon once this ugly BASH vulnerability that has hit the industry is fixed and rolled in.  So if you do an upgrade now I'd expect you'll need to do another pretty soon for that.  I hope this helps you out!

Joe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card