Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(1bPE1)

Updated July 25, 2014:  Reposted UCSPE 2.2(1b) to fix the expired certificate issue.

New Hardware Features

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(1bPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:

• SD card - All supported Compute servers now have SD card in their slot.

New Software Features

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(1bPE1) includes the following new features:

• Smartplay bundles with new bundle packs
  • Second-level boot order support for Blade and Rack servers
  • User-Space NIC (usNIC) support for Blade and Rack servers
  • Firmware download support from a local file system
  • Direct Connect Rack configuration feature in the Emulator GUI
  • SD card firmware upgrade support for supported Compute servers

NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have made some changes on the UCS Communities platform.  Are you still getting the restriction message?

kunaludapi
Community Member

Thanks, It is working now, I will let you know once i get it completely download.

joybnrj2013
Community Member

I am getting an error while importing it into VMware Workstation 10 / Player 6.

Please help me.ucs.JPG.jpg

sameeraahmed
Level 4
Level 4

This is a great document

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With VMware Workstation, make sure you download the ZIP, not the OVA.  It is a known issue you are hitting, and you can use the raw VMX / VMDK files in the zip with Workstation / Player instead.

srahimi60
Community Member

hi i cant download with download manager

plz help

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the error message that you are receiving? Let me know and I can understand better how to help you. Thanks

rajgoli333
Community Member

Use IE to download the zip file .

ialtura01
Community Member

Please help me please, when i click agree idm opens like so in the picture and look at the picture inside the URL box.

And in my browser something will pop up and says "The content that you requested could not be displayed due to an error. You may have been logged out. If this problem persists please contact your system administrator. Click here to refresh this page."

I already have a community account. Please help me

dlw.jpg

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The error you mentioned is a bug we are working on fixing in the Jive platform.  Secondly, what browser are you using to download UCSPE?  It looks like you are using some sort of download manager to do it.  There is a EULA you have to click through on the browser when you click download.  Can you try to download directly from a browser?    

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please try to use another browser like Chrome or IE to download?

rajgoli33
Community Member

Downloaded zip file just last night using internet explorer version 11 and used winzip to extract .

ialtura01
Community Member

Yes sir, i can download directly from my browser, but the download stops at 1% or below that, i tried it on IE 10, Google Chrome and the latest Mozilla Firefox and still the problem persist. i have the latest java.

reza_fa73
Community Member

hello.

how i can downloaded  UCSPE with download managers?

my Internet speed is low So i can't downloded it with browser!!

Pleas Help Me...

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately we don't have it accessible via a download manager.    

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: