Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(2cPE1)

New Hardware Features

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(2cPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:

• New scalable M4 Blade Module for the UCSC-B260-M4 or UCSC-B460-M4 Blade Server added
  • New rack-mounted server UCSC-C460-M4 added
  • Support for the following storage accelerators:
    • UCSB-F-LSI-400S
    • UCSB-F-LSI-800M
    • UCSB-F-FIO-785M
    • UCSB-F-FIO-365M

New Software Features

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 2.2(2cPE1) includes the following new features:

• Support for the scriptable vMedia feature to create mount points on Cisco IMC. The mounts are only configured and not actually mounted.
  • New tab Storage Controller added under Startup Inventory. You can drag and drop the storage controllers on the rack-mounted servers or the blade servers.
  • You can add the scalable M4 Blade Module in scaled (4S) or non-scaled (2S) mode.
  • The default configuration is changed to the M3 blade and rack-mounted servers.

NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Comments
rinnor_chu
Community Member

HI, Eric

I downloaded the non-ova version and was very easy to import it into my vmware workstation 9 without any problem. So far, from my side is that the .ova version doesn't work fine and maybe need a further testing on your side within VmWare workstation context.

shasridh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, we are aware there is an issue while importing .ova into VMware workstation. We are looking into it.

Regards,

Sharan Sridhar

jerryu168
Community Member

Any plan to switch away from IDE controller for the four VMDK disks?   Customer experience with the emulator will improve quite a bit, if disk performance can be improved this way. 

I run the emulator as a virtualbox vm and often feel that it can use some performance booster for API access and for UCSM access. My host is macbook with not-so-shabby spec (OS X  10.9.4, i7, 8GB DDR3, SSD, etc.).

Various modern hypervisors offer (much) faster SATA or SAS controller as disk controller options.

Excerpts from UCSPE.vmx in Cisco_UCS_Platform_Emulator_2.2.2cPE1.zip

ide0:0.present = "TRUE"

ide0:0.fileName = "UCSPE.vmdk"

ide0:1.present = "TRUE"

ide0:1.fileName = "UCSPE-0.vmdk"

ide1:0.present = "TRUE"

ide1:0.fileName = "UCSPE-1.vmdk"

ide1:1.present = "TRUE"

ide1:1.fileName = "UCSPE-2.vmdk"

cwalshscc
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to import into fusion 7 & i get the error "SHA1 digest of file Cisco_UCS_Platform_Emulator_2.2.2cPE1-disk1.vmdk does not match manifest"

Can you assist with this issue?

Thanks

Colin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: