Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(1cPE1)

The UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(1cPE1) is a platform release that ONLY supports the 6324 Fabric Interconnect based domains.  No other Fabric Interconnect (6100 / 6200) will work with this UCSPE.

New Hardware Features

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(1cPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:

• Fabric Interconnect IOM: UCS-FI-M-6324
  • Chassis: UCSB-5108-AC2 and UCSB-5108-DC2

Known Limitations

• Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(1cPE1) has the following limitations:
  • In the UCSM component topology, the link between the rack server and FI is shown as down.
  • While importing with the ‘Live Import’ feature, adapters other than Lexington do not get imported.
  • Firmware version of components in UCSPE is not visible on the Cisco UCS Central.
  • Disconnecting of the servers by unconfiguring their server ports does not impact the server state.
  • We recommended that you check the imported configuration on the Control Panel to ensure there are no missing components or unsupported components. Unsupported or missing components can impact discovery and it is out of the limitation of the UCSPE catalog that such a scenario can occur. We suggest you delete the unsupported components and add the component manually on the Control Panel. Occasionally, import of rack servers might fail.
  • Live import of the configuration is possible only with the UCS Mini and not with other versions of the Cisco UCS Manager.

NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Comments
Jason White
Level 4
Level 4

Is there any info if the 3.0 Emu. will eventually allow you to add more FEX's and other chassis's? Right now it looks like it only supports the 6324.

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCS Manager 3.0 (regardless if it's UCSPE or a real UCS Manager) only supports 6324.  It does NOT support 6100 / 6200 fabric interconnects.  There will be a future UCS Manager 3.0 release train to enable 6100 / 6200. 

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm sorry you have had so much problems.  I wish I could reproduce this, so we could fix it.  But unfortunately I can't, so I can't try to find a fix for it.

cliff.payne
Level 1
Level 1

No I am using VMWare workstation 10 and didn't change anything.  It unpacks just fine and I can change gear, restart, ssh, just no UCS Manager.  It gets that java timeout every time.  All 3 nics are nat and can ping each other just fine from ssh.  I have several older versions working just fine and have never had an issue until this one.

I have factory reset and deployed another VM and the same issue.

Frank11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have trouble importing the ovf into workstation 10.0.3.

It is telling me that "Cisco_UCS_Platform_Emulator_3.0.1cPE1.ovf did not pass OVF specification conformance or virtual hardware compliance checks" and when i try to continue, then a button tells me "Access is denied".

Previous versions always worked like that.

Frank

lijie
Community Member

Hi,

"Cisco_UCS_Platform_Emulator_3.0.1cPE1.ovf", Import it to my vCenter 5.5 environment echo a error:"The OVF descriptor is too large",import ovf cannot continue...

Help!

Jason White
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Jack,

I had the same problem. The way I got around it was to unzip the .ovf using 7-zip. Once un-zipped you will find another .ovf file in the folder. Do the import with that file and it should work.

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm going to be reuploading this today, and we should be not zipping the OVF on upload, which looks be causing the issue.  Look for a comment soon, after it has been reuploaded.    

lijie
Community Member

Hi Jason,

It's great. Thank you so much.

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just re-uploaded the OVA.  Can everyone who was having issues, please re-download the OVA and let me know if you still have the issues.    

eng.gomaa
Community Member

hello

plzzz can some one help me

i try to download the file but it reach to 73.9m and stop i try alot of time but it is the same

nwachukwunjoku
Community Member

Hi Eric,

I successfully installed Cisco Platform Emulator using VM Player. However, I get Login Error: java.net.socketTimeoutException:Read Timed Out using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

alitouat1
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i tryed to download the file many times but the download stops and the download mannager says there is is a problem with the size of the file please help

Hi.  I can login into cli but when I try to login to gui with config config it doesn't work.

alitouat1
Level 1
Level 1

today download stoped at 60% site temporary unavelable !

can any one help me?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: