Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(1cPE1)

The UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(1cPE1) is a platform release that ONLY supports the 6324 Fabric Interconnect based domains.  No other Fabric Interconnect (6100 / 6200) will work with this UCSPE.

New Hardware Features

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(1cPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:

• Fabric Interconnect IOM: UCS-FI-M-6324
  • Chassis: UCSB-5108-AC2 and UCSB-5108-DC2

Known Limitations

• Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(1cPE1) has the following limitations:
  • In the UCSM component topology, the link between the rack server and FI is shown as down.
  • While importing with the ‘Live Import’ feature, adapters other than Lexington do not get imported.
  • Firmware version of components in UCSPE is not visible on the Cisco UCS Central.
  • Disconnecting of the servers by unconfiguring their server ports does not impact the server state.
  • We recommended that you check the imported configuration on the Control Panel to ensure there are no missing components or unsupported components. Unsupported or missing components can impact discovery and it is out of the limitation of the UCSPE catalog that such a scenario can occur. We suggest you delete the unsupported components and add the component manually on the Control Panel. Occasionally, import of rack servers might fail.
  • Live import of the configuration is possible only with the UCS Mini and not with other versions of the Cisco UCS Manager.

NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Comments

test

Keith Hearn

CCIE 16806

Principal Consultant

Core BTS

610-898-6415

2 Meridian Blvd

Wyomissing, PA 19610

keith.hearn@corebts.com<mailto:keith.hearn@corebts.com>

mid-atlantic_support@corebts.com<mailto:mid-atlantic_support@corebts.com> (Technical Support)

www.corebts.com<http://www.corebts.com/>

We want your feedback!

Please take a few minutes to complete this survey<http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e7v3vsqxhjbfbbp8/start>

shasridh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you facing this issue when you try to launch UCSM for the first time after installing it? Kindly perform a factory reset and try to launch UCSM. If the issue still exists, please let us know.

Regards,

Sharan Sridhar

shasridh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Did you make any changes on the hardware config? Is the issue persisting? If yes, perform a factory reset and try launching gui. If gui does not open, let us know.

Regards,

Sharan Sridhar

gouthamsabala
Community Member

I am unable to download the file, have tired a few times on different networks stops randomly at 70 mb 120 and sometimes and 370mb. Is their a problem with the site ?

beast1974
Community Member

Tried many times to download it stops at 205meg , 20 meg or times out long before its done. Is there a problem with the site or can the file be hosted at a more reliable or more accessible location. Thanks for making it available and taking the time to upload it.

gallifreyan
Level 1
Level 1

For what it's worth, I downloaded both the zip and ova on my home broadband... about 1.2MB/sec between them... no errors or timeouts. I unzipped the zip file and imported it into VMware Workstation. It's unpacking and installing now. So it does appear that the Cisco site and zip file are working normally.

jimluu252
Community Member

Hello friends,

I got an error with UCS simulator 3.0 when logging "UCSM is not available on secondary node".

Has anyone experienced this before? Any solution

Many thanks

Jim

alitouat1
Level 1
Level 1

it is the same for me  stoped many times at 70 mb and today at 370 mb

alitouat1
Level 1
Level 1

hello

plzzz can some one help me

cant download with this site i have tried more than 100 times ! is there an other link or can some one share the file on dropbox or onedrive?

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reach out to me directly on this at ericwill at cisco dot com.

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reach out to me directly -> ericwill at cisco dot com.  I'll help you get a copy.

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reach out to me directly -> ericwill at cisco dot com.  I'll help you get a copy.

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When does this occur?  On first boot, or after some time?

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: