Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
jasonsha
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(2cPE1)

CONFIGURATION IMPORT NOTE:  Importing configuration backups (All, System, or Logical) taken from the UCS Platform Emulator (UCSPE) to physical UCS Manager domains is not recommended or supported by Cisco TAC.  UCSPE backups should only be imported to UCSPE domains.

The UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(2cPE1) is a platform release that ONLY supports the 6324 Fabric Interconnect based domains.  No other Fabric Interconnect (6100 / 6200) will work with this UCSPE.

New Hardware Features

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(2cPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:

• Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Server (UCSB-B420-M3)
  • Cisco UCS B22 M3 Blade Server (UCSB-B22-M3)
  • Cisco UCS B200 M4 Blade Server (UCSB-B200-M4)
  • Cisco UCS C220 M4 Rack Server (UCSC-C220-M4S/L)
  • Cisco UCS C240 M4 Rack Server (UCSC-C240-M4S/L/S2/X)
  • Cisco Blade Server Adapter VIC 1340 (UCSB-MLOM-40G-03)
  • Cisco Blade Server Adapter VIC 1380 (UCSB-VIC-M83-8P)
  • Cisco Rack Server Adapter VIC 1227 (UCSC-MLOM-CSC-02)
  • Changes in the UCS Platform Emulator VM Console

– Modifications to the VM Console login

– Modifications to the VM Console Options Menu

– Modifications to the Network Settings

– Modifications to the System Settings

– More details added to the Status Summary display

Known Limitations

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(2cPE1) has the following limitations:

• In the UCSM component topology, the link between the rack server and fabric interconnect is shown as down.
  • Firmware version of components in UCSPE is not visible on the Cisco UCS Central.
  • Disconnecting of the servers by unconfiguring their server ports does not impact the server state.
  • We recommended that you check the imported configuration on the Control Panel to ensure there are no missing components or unsupported components. Unsupported or missing components can impact discovery and it is out of the limitation of the UCSPE catalog that such a scenario can occur.  We suggest you delete the unsupported components and add the component manually on the Control Panel. Occasionally, import of rack servers might fail.
  • Live import of the configuration is possible only with the UCS Mini and not with other versions of the Cisco UCS Manager.

NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Comments
kithiaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please point me to the link where I can download the .ova file?

Regards,

Shankar

sajidkk2013
Level 1
Level 1

I have an same issue like that....

i am using vmware workstation version 12 free and when i am importing ova file to vmware workstation 12,

"it failed to import ova"

any one help please ???

Thanks in advance

kithiaga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steph,

I got it working. I had earlier downloaded just Vmware player and it did not work. Later I downloaded vmware player for workstation and the worked.

Thanks a lot for your assistance and help.

Regards,

Shankar

np

Can you elaborate on the error a little?

are you sure your ova is completely downloaded? also the ova is zip so you have a zip(the ova) in a zip.

so only one extraction is required.

Steph.

bashisback
Community Member

Awesome

lbell000111
Community Member

Has anyone been able to load a configuration from an existing UCS platform?

I am using Import XML file. I created a backup on my Production UCS saved the file and then tried to import it.

Nothing happens.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Larry

ben lora
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you can only restore backup files from the new Fabric Interconnect (6100 / 6200) (UCS MINI)

narrah001
Community Member

Having problems to download the file as its not even getting to 100M. Please assist

packeertps
Level 1
Level 1

download is failing.. tried multiple time. Please resolve the download issue or provide alternate way..

bigbird1985
Community Member

Can anyone send another download link to me?

ilola.xyz
Community Member

I cannot understand why it is so hard to download this file? It's no supported the resume feature, the download speed is low and also it interrupts with several different silly error.

Why and WHY?

I get tired after several attempts to download this file and unfortunately there is no chance? Why don't you provide another way to download this file?

I think I should go to therapist because downloading this file, f****ked my mind.

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN.

tcerling
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco does not control the network between where the download is hosted and your computer (unless you are a Cisco employee on the San Jose campus).  So what you see happening in regards to interrupts and slow speeds could be caused by any number of things, none of which Cisco has control over. So, though we would like to see all downloads work just fine, there are many variables that make it impossible to guarantee.

FWIW, I just downloaded the file without any issues, and I am working from my home office.

Sometimes, I have found that when downloads are problematic, moving to a different location, such as going to a hot spot in a coffee shop.  Moving to a different location will often change the ISP providing the connection to the internet and will provide a different path through the internet which may provide a better download experience.

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

Going forward the only Platform Emulator with active support is version 3.1 which supports all UCS platforms (including Mini).  With 3.1, we've also included a cisco.box.com download links file that provides an alternative download method that may be faster and more reliable for you.  Please see the 3.1 page for more info: Cisco UCS Platform Emulator 3.1(1ePE1) Downloads

muneeb.ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Williams,

Please confirm if the UCSPE is able to integrate with UCS Central now? I tried to do that. However, it stucked with following messages on UCSPE>admin>UCS Central>FSM>UCS Central Registration.

1. Repair Cert Verify Guid
  2. Repair Cert Unregister
  3. Repair Cert Clean Old Data
  4. Repair Cert Request
  5. Repair Cert Verify
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: