Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
jasonsha
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(2cPE1)

CONFIGURATION IMPORT NOTE:  Importing configuration backups (All, System, or Logical) taken from the UCS Platform Emulator (UCSPE) to physical UCS Manager domains is not recommended or supported by Cisco TAC.  UCSPE backups should only be imported to UCSPE domains.

The UCS Platform Emulator version 3.0(2cPE1) is a platform release that ONLY supports the 6324 Fabric Interconnect based domains.  No other Fabric Interconnect (6100 / 6200) will work with this UCSPE.

New Hardware Features

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(2cPE1), adds support for the following new hardware:

• Cisco UCS B420 M3 Blade Server (UCSB-B420-M3)
  • Cisco UCS B22 M3 Blade Server (UCSB-B22-M3)
  • Cisco UCS B200 M4 Blade Server (UCSB-B200-M4)
  • Cisco UCS C220 M4 Rack Server (UCSC-C220-M4S/L)
  • Cisco UCS C240 M4 Rack Server (UCSC-C240-M4S/L/S2/X)
  • Cisco Blade Server Adapter VIC 1340 (UCSB-MLOM-40G-03)
  • Cisco Blade Server Adapter VIC 1380 (UCSB-VIC-M83-8P)
  • Cisco Rack Server Adapter VIC 1227 (UCSC-MLOM-CSC-02)
  • Changes in the UCS Platform Emulator VM Console

– Modifications to the VM Console login

– Modifications to the VM Console Options Menu

– Modifications to the Network Settings

– Modifications to the System Settings

– More details added to the Status Summary display

Known Limitations

Cisco UCS Platform Emulator, Release 3.0(2cPE1) has the following limitations:

• In the UCSM component topology, the link between the rack server and fabric interconnect is shown as down.
  • Firmware version of components in UCSPE is not visible on the Cisco UCS Central.
  • Disconnecting of the servers by unconfiguring their server ports does not impact the server state.
  • We recommended that you check the imported configuration on the Control Panel to ensure there are no missing components or unsupported components. Unsupported or missing components can impact discovery and it is out of the limitation of the UCSPE catalog that such a scenario can occur.  We suggest you delete the unsupported components and add the component manually on the Control Panel. Occasionally, import of rack servers might fail.
  • Live import of the configuration is possible only with the UCS Mini and not with other versions of the Cisco UCS Manager.

NOTE: From UCS PE 2.2(1bPE1) onwards, UCS PE supports uploading the B-Series and C-Series server firmware bundles.  Because of the large file sizes of the firmware bundles, UCS PE only supports uploading of only the stripped-down versions (attached to this document), which includes only the firmware metadata but not the actual firmware itself in the binaries.  The stripped-down version of the firwmare bundles which contain metadata only of the B-series and C-series server firmware is reduced to approximately 50 kB in size.

Comments
j.siddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Please HELP..!!

I am UNABLE to download the UCS emulator the download gets terminated after few minutes.

Regadrs

JS

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reach out to me directly at ericwill at cisco dot com.

Thanks,

Eric

j.siddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Eric,

Can you please share with me Cisco UCS emulator as I am unable to download it from cisco website, the download get terminated after few minutes.

ThanksJS

j.siddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eric,

I did sent u an email, you relied to me but did not share the link or method to download the Emulator...

Waiting for your response..

Thanks

yaha-2009
Community Member

Hi All

Can any body upload the ova on 4shared.com or any similar sites

i am exhausted trying download UCSPE

and every time i receive several MBs and download process stop

I am getting "Failed to deploy OVF package .." Not sure what I am doing wrong. Please i need help

furqankhan600
Level 1
Level 1

Please HELP..!!

I am UNABLE to download the UCS emulator the download gets terminated after few minutes.

Regards,

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reach out to me directly at ericwill at cisco dot com

Thanks,

Eric

humayunkhattak
Community Member

Dear Eric,

I tried to download many times but failed, i sent you an email at ericwill@cisco.com . Please help.

best regards,

rajesh.kumar11
Community Member

Tried to download. Failed. Help.

having similar problem, my download stop at 94.9Megs..

does anyone have alternate download link??

humayunkhattak
Community Member

Please send email to Eric so that he can share his Dropbox link with you.

best regards

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 8:57 AM, nur fahmi hamdika <community@cisco.com>

John Peter McGuinness
Community Member

I cant download it and I email ericwill but no reply can anyone help

sajidkk2013
Level 1
Level 1

it goes to download but archive file is damaged or corrupted :/

maffrey27
Community Member

I cant download, How to download this file correctly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: