cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VIC 1385 configuration with a Fabric interconnect

Kristofer Kawas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I need help with information on how to connect or configure the Cisco VIC 1385 2-Port 40Gb QSFP + CNA w RDMA with UCS fabric interconnect, I have a client who has bought this and need help to get it installed, grateful for the info.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have not seen what you are looking for, but if you want to set up the C240 M4 with a 1385 VIC, the procedure should be the same as any other stand-alone server. Configuration would be through the Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC). Any UCS managed server with a 1385 VIC will be impossible to configure. UCS Manager does not know about that VIC yet. If you need the 40G connectivity through the 1385 VIC, you will need to keep the server stand-alone and configure it through the CIMC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

srehling
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the 1385 on the HCL for Fabric Interconnects? I don't see it here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/interoperability/matrix/b_hcl_m-series_2-5-2.pdf

I didn't think you could use the 1385 with the fabric interconnects yet, but I could be wrong.

I have not seen any worthwhile information online, I do not know if Cisco will support these integration in the future

Do you know if is there any configuration documentation about the VIC 1385 and C240 server?

I have not seen what you are looking for, but if you want to set up the C240 M4 with a 1385 VIC, the procedure should be the same as any other stand-alone server. Configuration would be through the Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC). Any UCS managed server with a 1385 VIC will be impossible to configure. UCS Manager does not know about that VIC yet. If you need the 40G connectivity through the 1385 VIC, you will need to keep the server stand-alone and configure it through the CIMC.

Bill Shields
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't manage the server with the VIC 1385. You would need a 1200 series for management and then you can use the VIC 1385 as a 40Gpbs adapter. See the Cisco Live 2014 BRKCOM-2010 - C-Series UCSM Integration Best Practices (2014 San Francisco).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card