Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration RAID Controller in C-240-M3

whenusayloveme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Any one please, guide me how to setup raid on it? I can't see any LSI set up utility during POST (no CTRL+M option available).

Note: CIMC firmware version 1.4(5g)

Thanks

Winai.

17 Replies 17

whenusayloveme
Level 1
Level 1

Done!! used UCS-SCU by downloading separately from Cisco Website.

Hi, if I re-configure the RAID on the server. Will the installed Windows 2008 OS be deleted too?

Hello Winai,

As per the screen shot , LSI says hot keys are CTRL+H to enter WebBIOS utility for SAS 2008 controller.

Did you try the above key combination ?

Padma

Hello Paolo,

You will loose the hard disk data if you change the RAID level.

Padma

Hi,

Just downloaded the UCS SCU 2.2.2 and changed the RAID to 5 w/ Redundancy. How can I check the RAID level of my M210 machine upon reboot w/o using the software? Also, there is no exit button on the UCS SCU, I just picked reboot to go back.

I guess there is no other way to verify the RAID level of the server w/o the UCS SCU software?

Hello

What model of LSI RAID controller is installed on the server ?

Padma

Hi, how can I check the LSI Raid controller? Also, what will I do next when I see the controller?

SSH into CIMC and execute the following commands

scope chassis

show storageadapter detail

Hi, server is still Offline.... is there another way to check?

Hi,  I have a different question. My exsi 4.1 software can't detect the 6.6TB of space of the server, which is configured via RAID5. How do I do the following? 1. Instead of a MBR partition table, I need to configure to GPT partition table is used to allow sizes larger than ~2TB. Instead of presenting the whole disk space as a single LUN, you'd either create smaller LUNs or split the RAID set into logical volumes. I used the Ctrl-H to configure the RAID last time, is there a way to partition the RAID 5 disk to 4GB/2TB/2TB/2TB/2TB?

We first need to know which model of LSI RAID controller you have.

You can check as Padma informed you.  Just add power to the server, it doesn't need to be powered on.  Adding power will bring the CIMC up.

Once we know which LSI controller you have we can tell or point you to documentation detailing how to create multiple virtual volumes off a RAID 5 volume.

Regards,

Robert

Hi, the LSI Raid Controller - LSI MegaRAAID SAS 9261-8i

Also, I believe I already fixed the problem. Upon reboot, I pressed Ctrl-H to access the GUI. There I configured the RAID  to 5 and created Virtual Drives 2GB/2TB/2TB/2TB/366GB. I installed Exsi 4.1 and when I viewed the disk via command prompt, the virtual disk I have created appeared...

Now, how do I change the block size from 1MB to 8MB?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card