cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Fabric Interconnect to iSCSI array

notofthisearth
Level 1
Level 1

I need to connect my Fabric Interconnect to a new iSCSI array.  There are a number of UCS blades that need to connect to iSCSI LUNs. The FI is currently connected to the rest of the network through  Nexus 7000K switches.   Should I connected directly from the FI to the iSCSI array, or go through the 7000K and then to the array?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi this is more of a design question, you have to think what will need access to the ISCCI storage array. For example, if only UCS blaes will have access to this storage array, you may want to consider connecting it directly as iscsi traffic won't have to go through your N7Ks if both fabrics are active. If you want another type of server such as HP or IBM to access the storage you may want to consider connecting the storage array to the N7Ks if your fabric are configured in end-host-mode. Again this will depend on your current implementation

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi this is more of a design question, you have to think what will need access to the ISCCI storage array. For example, if only UCS blaes will have access to this storage array, you may want to consider connecting it directly as iscsi traffic won't have to go through your N7Ks if both fabrics are active. If you want another type of server such as HP or IBM to access the storage you may want to consider connecting the storage array to the N7Ks if your fabric are configured in end-host-mode. Again this will depend on your current implementation

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card