Helpful
Replies

Connecting to UCS6120 from Fabric Manager using TACACS

mctaylor
Level 1
Level 1

Standalone Fabric Manager 5.0(4a)

UCS 1.4(3s)

I have to log into Fabric Manager using TACACS with SNMPv3 (company network security restriction).

I launch Fabric Manger using my TACACS account which connects to all the switches in my two fabrics using the same credentials.

I can connect to all MDS9513, MDS9222i, IBM Bladechassis FC switch modules and all NX5020 switches in the fabrics. Fabric Manager cannot connect to any of the eight UCS6120 switches in the fabrics, returning a status of Unknow User or Password(Server,Client).

This, I understand, requires the creation of a specific SNMP user, which is fine. However as I am logged into Fabric Manager using a single TACACS account, I cannot supply alternate credentials to a subset of switches in the fabric.

Is there a work around for this to enable management of the 6120s in FM? or am I missing something.

Thanks

Mike Taylor

1 Reply 1

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

Fabric Manager uses the same credentials to access all systems,  these credentials will need to be valid on the UCS platform as well.  Create a local SNMP user on UCS and check.  This needs to be different from any non-snmp authentication accounts on UCS.

Note that FM cannot manage UCS.  You will be able to view into UCS but not make changes. May not be an issue if UCSM is running end host mode.  To make any changes, you will need to use the UCSM GUI or CLI or other tool for administration.

Thank You,

Dan Laden

PDI Helpdesk

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card