cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting UCS S3260 to UCS 6248UP

zalaska
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  We are attempting to connect a UCS S3260 to UCS 6248UP.  The Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable (QSFP) port of the S3260 is connected to ports 1 - 4 on the 6248UP.  Ports 1 - 4 are configured as Server Ports.  We logged into UCS Manager and see that ports 1 - 4 are in a not connected state but are enabled.  The S3260 and powered on, has one server blade installed (top slot) and SIOC #1 seems to be operational (various green LED's but no green lights directly above the QSFP ports). New to the UCS world and appreciate any pointers as to what I may be missing in regards to connectivity between these two devices.  Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you are getting link lights; this is good.

The S3260 shows up in UCSM as a chassis instead of a rack-server. This confused me before as I thought chassis were b-series chassis.

The UCS FI ports should be configured as [Server Ports].

The S3260 may need to be [Reset to factory] if anything was configured on the CIMC previously to prevent discovery.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card